Friday, April 12, 2013

Wikispaces and Wikipedia

This week, I learned more about wikis. I have not used wikis in the past, but see the potential for collaboration with students and colleagues. Here is the wiki I created at Wikispaces for my school entitled tech4parkside. (This is a private wiki that requires you to be a member. If you would like to join this wiki, you can email me at mrsgalbreath27@gmail.com. I will send you an invitation). This will be a place for teachers and staff to share ideas about how they use technology for teaching and learning.

In addition, I was charged to create an article on Wikipedia for my school since it did not have one. I am used to html coding, so it took a bit of research to understand how to do the markups in Wikipedia. Once, I got the hang of it, I added that our school is K-5 and that it is located in LaGrange, Indiana. I also included 2 reference sites, as well as an external link to our school website. I also added 2 categories to the article: Elemenatary schools in the United States and Elementary schools in Indiana. The link to the article on Wikipedia can be found here. Please find the screenshot of my article below.

No comments:

Post a Comment