Friday, August 24, 2012

First Week!

What an amazing first week! The staff, parents, and students at Parkside are awesome! I am so glad I have the opportunity to be a part of this community. Monday night we had our Open House. We are estimating that over 85% of families came to meet teachers and tour the school. What a great turnout!

The rest of my week has been filled with lots and lots of paperwork. I learned that ENL is part of Title III under the No Child Left Behind Act. There are a lot of federal and state regulations I have to follow in order to be in compliance. I compiled my master list of students who will be receiving services under ENL. Now I am working on scheduling pull-out times with teachers. I am looking forward to when all this busy work is finished and I can start teaching! I have a lot of cool ideas to use in the classroom to help my students become fluent English speakers, listeners, readers, and writers. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment