Friday, August 17, 2012

School starts Tuesday!

Summer is coming to a close and the beginning of fall is right around the corner. I love this time of year. The days are becoming shorter and I can feel a hint of coolness returning to the air during the nighttime hours. Most importantly, school is starting back up and that gets me excited! Not only am I excited about teaching this year, I am excited about being a student again. I am starting online classes at MSU this fall for my Educational Technology Certificate. Over the summer, I have been learning about a lot of interesting tech tools and am excited to incorporate some of them into my lessons this year.
Tech tools to try:
Jing - make screencast/podcast tutorials
Skype - video chat with authors

Another year means another chance to use all those ideas I have been wanting to try but never got the chance to.  I want to incorporate more Whole Brain Teaching methods, as well as SMART goal setting into my lessons. I love having students create learning goals for themselves. They take ownership of their own education and are motivated to succeed. SMART goals will offer more of a focus to our goal setting.

SMART =
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant
Time-Bound

Here is my SMART goal for this blog:
I want to add a post to this blog each week of the school year. It will include student objectives, methods and resources used, as well as what could be improved for next time. Is my goal a SMART goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment